By Alexander Crown
Food fatigue is a very real thing, and it can take its toll on anyone.
Food fatigue happens when you become bored or overwhelmed by eating. It is involuntary and even if your body is hungry, you may not eat or eat enough. This is a psychological issue and can be brought on by stress, which as we have mentioned previously, will be increased in a long-term survival situation.
Food fatigue is also a result of eating the same or similar thing for long periods of time which is why it is important to store a wide variety of items to assist in breaking up any monotony. Changing up your tastes and textures can go a long way to helping your mind overcome food fatigue and help give some reprieve of the survival stress to you and those around you. We also understand that in a survival situation you may have little or no electricity so this recipe could be modified to make pancakes over a fire as well.
Nutrient Survival Delicious Waffles
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Nutrient Survival Powdered Vitamin Egg Blend
- 4 tablespoons Nutrient Survival Powdered Vitamin Butter
- 2 Cups Nutrient Survival Powdered Vitamin Milk
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat your waffle iron.
2. In a bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a bowl prepare the Nutrient Survival Powdered Vitamin Egg Blend
4. In a small bowl prepare the Nutrient Survival Powdered Vitamin Butter
5. In a bowl prepare the Nutrient Survival Powdered Vitamin Milk
6. In a mixing bowl combine the vanilla extract, sugar, butter, milk, and eggs. Whisk to combine.
7. Add the eggs mixture to the flour mixture and whisk to combine. This should be smooth with small lumps throughout.
8. Coat the waffle iron with cooking spray and pour batter in.
9. Close and let cook for about 2-4 minutes depending on how you prefer your waffles (we like ours crispy, so they take a little longer)
10. Serve and enjoy with syrup, honey, powdered sugar or whatever you have on hand.
Combating food fatigue and practicing how to use your food storage are important parts of a well-rounded survivalist. Having these ingredients on hand plus some others gives the home cook a wide array of options that will help keep things interesting and enjoyable even when times are tough.
These waffles are hearty and filling and when using Nutrient Survival ingredients will help you and your family get your daily dose of vitamins, minerals, and omegas right at the start of your day. Depending on your waffle iron this can make several waffles or a few large ones, we’ll let you decide. Here are the macros for the entire batch. Divide in your number of waffles for serving nutrition information.
- Calories: 1,327
- Protein: 48 grams
- Fat: 24 grams
- Carbohydrates: 222 grams
Alexander Crown is a former U.S. Army Paratrooper who spent time in a scout/sniper platoon in OIF. Alexander spends his time exploring Idaho, hunting, fishing, and camping. He’s a lifelong practitioner of preparedness, emphasizing self-reliance and organic gardening.